Off Roading a Crosstrek Wilderness in the Wild – Subaru Crosstrek Wilderness Off Road Fun!!!
On November 11th, 2023, MtnRoo Tri-State had the opportunity to take a 2024 Subaru Crosstrek Wilderness off-roading during their Camp, Cookout, and Cruise Event Benefitting Philabundance Food Bank. The Crosstrek Wilderness, equipped with a moonroof and Harman Kardon audio package, was completely stock, including its fully inflated tires.
The Crosstrek Wilderness performed admirably on the trails, sand pits, and rutted climbs. It was clear that this vehicle was designed for off-road driving. The Crosstrek Wilderness’s 9.5 inches of ground clearance, standard 17-inch wheels with Yokohama GEOLANDAR A/T G015 tires, and X-MODE with Hill Descent Control all contributed to its impressive off-road capabilities.
Overall, MtnRoo Tri-State was very impressed with the 2024 Subaru Crosstrek Wilderness. They highly recommend this vehicle to anyone who is looking for a versatile SUV that can handle a variety of driving conditions.
What Makes the Crosstrek Wilderness Better Than a Regular Crosstrek?
The Crosstrek Wilderness is better for off roading than the already capable regular Crosstrek in a few ways:
- It has more ground clearance, which makes it better for off-roading.
- It has standard 17-inch wheels with Yokohama GEOLANDAR A/T G015 tires, which provide better grip in off-road conditions.
- It has water-resistant Startex upholstery and rubberized floor mats, which make it easier to clean up after a day of off-roading.
- It has X-MODE with Hill Descent Control, which helps to improve traction and control in slippery conditions.
- It has better gearing and a better final drive ratio, to help it crawl up steep inclines.